Thursday, May 14, 2009

On the mend and riding again







Last night was the first night in more than a week when Tim and I both felt well enough to get out. He is doing tons better and my swelling from the reaction is improving. Since it was such a nice evening we decided to ride the motorcycle down to Norris Dam. His Mama and Daddy came too. Because of the recent monsoons here in lovely east Tennessee the flood gates are open. This was only the 2ND time I had ever seen them open. I think the last time was in 2004, but even then they only had two of the gates open. Right now (and not sure for how much longer) they have all 3 open.


I have never seen that many people at the dam. It was like Rod Runs in September. People were parked in the grass and all along the roadside. I did take some pictures, but I can't post them right now. I will try tonight. Promise!
Check out my new riding tee!!! I love it!!!!!! Who wouldn't love pink mixed with zebra print???? Thanks to Ash at Under the Polka Dot Tree I will now be riding in style. I can't wait to wear it on the next ride! This is just one of the many cute things she is making for me. Remember that she is helping me with the May giveaway so go over and check her out.
Ohhh and I also made a run to the Goodwill yesterday. I have incredible luck finding awesome deals there. I have pictures to post later of all the great stuff I got. Oh and just in case you don't know......all goodwill stores switch out items. Usually our local store will get a truck from Knoxville about once every two weeks. I found a Gap denim skirt for $2.50 and an Old Navy denim skirt for $5!!!!! It was also half off day on yellow tags so I racked up on some four wheeling tees. And what is a trip to goodwill without a quick look in the baby attire! I found Miss Preslee some Carter's creepers and the cutest tye dyed onesie ever!!! I can't wait to see her wear it.


















0 comments: