Friday, February 20, 2009

Team Captain Update

At last night's team captain meeting we heard about all kinds of new things. One thing was goal setting. I have asked each of First Volunteer's team members to raise $100 by May 1st. I am more than sure that each of them can do that and so much more.

Fund raisers were high on the list of things to discuss. I already blogged about some of them, and I want to encourage everyone to attend as many as you can.

Roane state needs golfers.

Coolidge could use some more washers.

I need more help for the fashion show.

The LaFollette Press is doing a fish fry and the cutest faces contest. Be looking for those in the near future.

One fund raiser that has been rescheduled is F.V.B.'s basketball tournament. We are going to try and have it sometime in April. I will post the details after I find a gym.

Don't forget about the Doughnut Shoppe's newest creation........THE RELAY FOR LIFE DONATION DOUGHNUT!

We didn't have as many teams at the meeting last night as we should, but we had a new one.........Brandon Partin (The newly elected property assessor) has agreed to head up the Courthouse Team. Brandon is one of my really great friends and I am glad he is on board. You may remember the rock wall he brought to Relay last year. I am hoping he will agree to do that again this year. The kids really enjoyed it.

Our next team captain meeting is March 19th at JMS in the lunchroom. Join us!

0 comments: