Friday, February 6, 2009

No Tim and I are not engaged. Sorry to disappoint the masses, but we aren't. I surely hope this post doesn't offend anyone, but stop asking. What gives people the right to think they have to know? My parents are different. My sister is different. My close friends and family are different. Complete strangers who see my myspace profile, my mom's clients, my mom's students, families of co-workers, etc.... are not.

We aren't celebs. You don't get to know about every part of our lives. If you are that interested in our lives.......read my blog. I will let you know what you need to know.

I hate to be this way, but c'mon! This is our issue. Tim and I have had many conversations about this issue. Now granted a part of me would love to be married. This part gets smaller everytime someone stops me in Wal-mart. It's not ok when they nearly jerk my arm out of socket trying to see if I have a ring on "that" finger! It's not ok to publicly announce to everyone in Charley's Pizza that I STILL don't have a ring! Sorry but it's not! I don't care who you are or who you think you are, IT IS NOT OK!

Thankfully, the person causing the scene usually gets the crazy looks and not me. I get those "aw poor you" looks.

Unfortunatley I don't think this harrassment would stop if Tim and I were to announce our engagement. Instead of asking about a ring they would start asking about a date. Then after we are married they will want to know when we are going to have children.

Again, this post isn't directed to our friends and family, they can and will ask until they are blue in the face. It won't help by the way! I am talking about people who know us, but don't. If that makes since. This post is fair warning to the next person who see's us out in public and tries to make a scene. Tim and I are done with being nice. If you are prepared to dish it out, you better be just as prepared to take it!

So to clear the air, Tim and I will let you know when we get engaged. Until then find someone else to harass. We are done.

1 comments:

Jphillips1107 said...

You tell them sister... You are right though the harassment wouldn't stop even if you were. Just don't let people get to you they aren't worth it.