Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a weekend!!!!!

Who had a great weekend??????? Well other than me I mean. I had an awesome weekend, and soooo sad that its over. Lets start from the beginning:


Friday afternoon as soon as I got off work I headed to Gatlinburg. The cabin company closed about 7 so I had to go on and pick up the keys. About 2:30 our time/1:30 B's time he called to let me know that he hadn't left the great state of Alabama yet. Keep in mind that he was suppose to leave at 2 p.m. and be in Gatlinburg by 6 p.m. so we could all go eat. Right as he was about to leave his boss called. He had to do a last minute errand and was going to try to leave no later than 3:30 his time/4:30 my time. When I called him at 5:30 he was still in bama. I was sad, but at least he still got to come. Friday night was really relaxing. We all just chilled out. I was really excited for B to meet my friends this weekend. They all loved him!!!

Saturday morning we went rafting.......at 11 a.m. Yes I know each and every one of you are shocked that I went white water rafting. You aren't alone. My own father was shocked! The 11 a.m. trip was my idea.....and in hindsight not the best. We all stayed up so late on Friday night. Getting up at 9 a.m. after going to bed at 2 a.m. wasn't the best formula for a good rafting trip. I had a good reason for the earlier trip.........so we could ride the skyscraper later that night. I was afraid that if we went on the later trip we wouldn't get back in time to change and eat and ride it. We did ride it though.......pictures to follow........................

I think B was worried that I wouldn't have a good time since I am NOT an outdoorsy gal. I was worried too. Just thinking about all the physical labor after staying up so late was enough for me to almost not go. Still I really wanted to experience the thrill. My biggest worry was the water temperature. Cold water and I do not agree, but to my surprise the water wasn't that bad. We actually got out of the raft a couple of times and swam. Our guide was awesome!!!! If you ever raft in Gatlinburg use the rafting company, Rapid Decent and try to get Clayton as your guide. He was so laid back and really cool. A couple of times during the trip he was our photographer. (I will post those pics as soon as Paige gets them) If you haven't experienced the thril of white water rafting you are surely missing out! I had a blast. My arms feel as if they will fall off if I try to pick up the remote, but I don't care. Rafting was so much fun. I can't wait to go again!!! B kept telling me how proud he was of me. He couldn't believe how well I had done. Honestly I couldn't either.

After a quick nap and super quick HOT shower we headed to town for dinner and THE SKYSCRAPER. Cassie and Josh had been to Dollywood so they joined us for dinner. It's not often that I get to see my sis since she is married now. We take every opportunity!

Today was a bittersweet day. B had to return to bama. Even though we both had a million things to get done at home, I don't think either of us really wanted to hurry back. After a yummy breakfast/lunch at Cracker Barrell and a not so quick trip to the Bass Pro Shop (thanks B) we parted ways. This weekend was so much fun, I really hate that its over. On the bright side we always have next weekend...............................................

On a quick side note...................B and I were talking about my blog this weekend, and he mentioned that I may need to change the name to.......A Banker and A Biologist......what do you think?

Lots of my e-mails this week have been about B and what he does for a living. B is a wildlife biologist and a game warden. He has quite a few other trades, but for security reasons he has asked me not to mention them. I love that you are interested in him. Thanks for all the questions this weekend. I will be posting the answers as soon as I have a chance to check my work e-mail!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea! Glad you had fun!

Kristy-Mo said...

I think that would be awesome!! Good idea, B! I had a lot of fun on Saturday!! We have to do this again! I can't wait until our next adventure..