Sunday, October 12, 2008

Foothills Fall Festival

I was all bundled up waiting on Josh Turner to come on stage. Tim kept laughing at me because he had a short sleeve shirt on, and I had on a sweatshirt and blanket. Cassie was cold too!



Shew what a day we had yesterday. This weekend was the foothills fall festival in Maryville. We have been the last two years and saw some great artists both years. The festival is 3 days of concerts, arts and crafts and kiddie land. The whole thing only costs $35 per ticket. Friday night the concerts start at 6 p.m. but they are only local artists. Saturday is the only day we get to go since we have church on Sunday. Cassie and I got up early and went on up to get good seats. The seating is first come first serve and you have to bring your own chairs. We lucked up and got to park right at the park entrance. When we were parking I saw that they hadn't opened the gates yet and was really excited thinking we would get GREAT seats! Well we got in line and waited a few minutes, finally we got down to the tent to get our wristbands and the lady said "oh I am sorry you have to get your wristband at the other tent." Ok I got a little mad, I mean c'mon we got in line where they told us to and we waited just like everyone else, but we turned around and went back. I was thinking here we got up early, drove like maniacs to get here, stood in line and now we are gonna get horrible seats! Well much to my surprise we got GREAT seats! We set up right under a tree and had some good shade. Cassie and I set up the chairs and rode the shuttle over to the mall. We ate lunch and shopped til the boys got there, and then we all rode back to the park for the concerts. Something we hadn't noticed before was this rock in front of my and Tim's chairs. He used it as a footrest the whole night. I even got a picture of him all propped up talking to jordy. It was pretty funny. Toward the end of the night it started to get a little chilly, but other than that we had a really great day. Cassie and I got to spend some quality sister time! Billy Ray Cyrus was okay, Jason Aldean was good, but Josh Turner was the BEST! I warned Tim that I may be falling for a new guy. lol More pics are coming I promise. I can't wait til next year!!!!!!!

0 comments: