Monday, January 17, 2011

In an instant

Ok I finished sTori Telling.......AND it was amazing!
I've always loved Tori Spelling, but after hearing her life story (up until now) in her own words I love her even more!

Now I am reading (listening) her 2nd book Mommywood. So far its just as great. Mom and I went shopping on Saturday, and we listened the whole trip. Mom isn't a fan of audio books and is always saying that she is afraid I will fall asleep while driving! Hahahaha she knows books sometimes bore me. That's why I pick fun audio books!

Savannah gave me 6 or 7 of her audio books to "read" when I finish Mommy Wood, but this is my next book!

Bob Woodruff is an amazing journalist and survivor. If you aren't familiar with his story you should be! In January 2006, Lee and Bob Woodruff seemed to have it all–a happy marriage, four beautiful children, and marvelous careers. Bob had just been named co-anchor of ABC’s World News Tonight, but then, while he was embedded with the military in Iraq, an improvised explosive device (IED) went off near the tank he was riding in. He and his cameraman, Doug Vogt, were hit, and Bob suffered a traumatic brain injury that nearly killed him.
In an Instant is the frank and compelling account of how Bob and Lee Woodruff’s lives came together, were blown apart, and then were miraculously put together again–and how they persevered, with grit but also with humor, through intense trauma and fear. More than a dual memoir of love and courage, In an Instant is an important, wise, and inspiring guide to coping with tragedy–and an extraordinary drama of marriage, family, war, and nation.
This book has been on my reading list for too long! I ordered it last night on Amazon (for a grand total of $5.23!!!!!!!) and can't wait to start!








1 comments:

Jordan said...

Thanks for commenting about my brother, Seth. I will forward him your blog, but sadly I think you live too far away. You're super cute and I'd love if y'all could meet. Take care.