Friday, September 5, 2008

Lost like a needle in a haystack

In a few weeks the corn maze in Corryton, TN will open. If you haven't been to a corn maze you have to go. We always seem to get there after dark which makes things even more challenging. Two years ago the guys got completely caught up in the map and lost us girls. Be sure to take a flashlight! If you are taking little kids the day time is much better. When you get there they give you a map with checkpoints on it. At each checkpoint in the maze a hole puncher with a different shape is there to stamp your map. I can honestly say that I personally have never gotten to all the checkpoints. Usually I get tired and cut through the corn to the snack bar! They also have a hay ride, pumpkin patch and........... the trail of doom. This is the "haunted" maze that is right next to the corn maze. Last year all the guys wanted to do it and I was like absolutely not! While we were in the corn maze I could hear people on the trail of doom screaming and yelling. That pretty much counted me out! So this year Tim already said that he is going with or without me. I may try it, but I really doubt it. They chase you with chainsaws! This year the corn maze opens on September 19th- November 1st. The trail of Doom opens October 2nd. You can find more info at http://www.oakesfarm.com/

This is the pattern from a few years ago. As far as I know they haven't announced this years pattern.

This is the hayride. If you have little ones this would be good for them. The wagon takes you to the pumpkin patch. I will say this if you are doing the pumpkin patch for you then DON'T! Apparently pumpkins were hard to grow last year, because while we were "picking" ours Tiff Gwin found a wal-mart price tag on the bottom of hers! Then as we were heading back to the corn maze we saw huge wal-mart boxes full of pumpkins!

0 comments: