Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prom Fashion Show update

No date yet........No time yet.........No location yet........! Kinda looks like we haven't started! We have I promise.

After many conversations Paige, Melissa, Laura, Kristy and I have made a FEW decisions. I will admit that we are slacking a bit, but we are on the right track. Anyway, we have decided not to do the bridal portion this year. Instead we are going to focus solely on Prom. I Do weddings isn't going to co- sponsor with us this year.......so we need dresses!

As an incentive for girls to donate their dresses, we are doing things a little different this time. When a dress sells this year half of the proceeds go to Relay and the other half goes to the dress owner. I think this will be a good incentive for girls to donate, and they will have some extra cash.

In today's economic times prom may be a luxury for some instead of a necessity. I think this will be a good way to get a great dress at a reasonable price.

All dresses can be dropped off at either First Volunteer Bank branch. Please attach your name and a price to the dress. Anyone who has already dropped off a dress needs to let me know how much to price them for.

If you or someone you know is interested in being a vendor at the expo (starts 2 hours prior to the show) call me. Vendor booths are $25 each. With that you recieve 2 free tickets to the show, a table and two chairs. If you need electricity in your booth please let me know in advance. Proceeds from vendor booths go directly to Relay for Life. Vendors can give awat free samples, have raffles, or sell their product. Any money that a vendor makes at the expo they keep. I am only asking for the $25 booth rental fee.

Vendor examples: Hair stylists, photographers, caterers, jewelers, handbags, nail techs, dry cleaners, make-up, etc.....

If you have questions or suggestions please let me know!

1 comments:

Jphillips1107 said...

The dresses Carie brought for me I dont care what you get for them and I don't want half.. Give it all to Relay For Life