Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Believe it or Not

So lets just say I am not a mechanic. In fact I know very little about vechicles. I know small things like when to put gas in it, when to get the oil changed and buy new wiper blades. Thats all I know. Kinda sad really, but reality!
Anyway New Year's Eve was really fun. We went to Hooter's to eat with Tracy and Travis and then to a movie. The night went really well, we didn't have to wait in line to eat or for the movie.
When we got back to Tim's he started my car. He always does so it will be warm when I leave. He told me that I had a headlight out and he would fix it the next day.
I hadn't much less pulled out of his driveway when a red light flashed on my panel. It said BRAKE in big red letters. Okay so rememeber I know very little about these sort of things. So I pull over and call Tim. He tells me that its probably just my brake fluid and he will check it when he fixes my headlight. Then right as I am about to hang up he yells that I should drive slow and not follow anyone too close.
The valley is a pretty desolate place especially at 2 a.m. but still I drove slow and was careful not to follow close. I was about to pass the bank up the valley when I passed a state trooper. I saw that he was turning around, but I didn't know why. I wasn't driving fast or weaving. I pull over and it takes him forever to get out. Finally, he walks up and says that he pulled me over because I have a headlight out. I quickly told him that I knew, but had just found out and it would be taken care of the next day. After a look at my license and insurance card he let me go.
Now this is where the story gets interesting! Not two minutes down the road I pass another state trooper, and don't you know that he can't resist the option of pulling me over! That's right! Two in one night! I was less than happy. So the second trooper walks up and I am trying to be calm! I really wanted to scream, but he was kinda cute! lol I said you are not going to believe this. He said oh try me I hear all kinds! I said your friend just pulled me over a minute ago, and I bet if you call him he will validate my story! I probably should have been a little nicer about it, but c'mon! Anyway he said well just get it fixed.
I was never so glad to see my driveway in all my life! Needless to say I got a new headlight the next day!

1 comments:

Jphillips1107 said...

lol... Thats pretty funny